A woman who hoped to get a quick breakfast before heading off the work had to leave hungry after a boiled egg exploded in her face and splattered all over the kitchen table.
CCTV footage captured the moment Ms Huang had an unfortunate start of the day before she left home in Yancheng, in Jiangsu Province, eastern China, at around 7:50 am on November 3.
In the video, she is seen sitting down at the dining table and taking a sip of a hot bowl of soup. Then, as she tried to slice through a boiled egg with her spoon, it suddenly blew up, splashing yolk and soup all over the table.
Shocked Ms Huang jumped up and shouted in surprise. After staring at the ruined breakfast for a few seconds, she picked up a napkin and wiped herself from the hot liquid that splattered over her hands.
She later explained that on that day, as she was rushing to get ready for work, her family heated the boiled egg in the microwave oven.
Unaware of this, she lightly pressed the egg with the spoon, causing it to explode on the spot. Luckily, no one was injured, and she used the opportunity to remind everyone not to microwave eggs.
This footage is being managed exclusively by Newsflare. To license this video email [email protected] or call: +44 (0) 203 937 6280
Clip ID: 604248
Subscribe to NewsflareBreaking: http://bit.ly/newsflare
Register now to upload your videos Visit https://www.newsflare.com/?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social to find out more.